Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have a confession to make! I tried to take a short cut with my stockmar paints, to make them stretch further, I mixed them with a little more water than I should have. It seemed excessive to mix them with a 1-1 ratio at the cost. But, alas, today I mixed the ratio's just right and, lo and behold, the colours are bright, and bold and beautiful!
So, we might have to paint a little less, but when we do, our pictures will be masterpieces!

Before

After


I fell into a little slump recently, perhaps it was the world recession and its effect on us personally, or perhaps I have overextended myself with a list a mile long of what I wanted to accomplish on a daily basis. Whatever the cause, the situations are all the same, but my head is in a better place. I spent a lot of time reading from the parenting passageway blog,http://theparentingpassageway.com/, and I tell you, Carrie can get you through anything, help you feel human and make sense of all the craziness. I have forgiven myself, and will continue to do so, as I find even with the best intentions, I still find myself every now and then making an irritable remark or snapping at the children. The difference is, I am managing to stop myself half way through, and change course, or immediatly after the mishap, I can rectify it, by explaining that mommy is human, and is trying her best! I have been blessed with the most understanding and forgiving children, who at times seem to have more insight to life than I.
So, here's to today, a better brighter me!






3 comments:

  1. Parenting most certainly is not about perfection... it's about love. Fortunately, children are profoundly in tune to our souls... they should be, theirs developed inside of us... we're linked. They know our hearts, even when our bodies slip into "crazy mode" at times! After wandering your site, I KNOW where your heart is, and that's with your children, and that is, after all, what really counts! Be at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Kimara! A beautiful thing to say, very true and much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be kind to yourself my Sam - you are doing an amazing job, and the proof of the pudding is in the happiness of your three angels!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete